In Australia, cancer has been the leading cause of death in Australia over the past six years, with more than 39,000 people estimated to die from it each year. 1 in 2 men, and 1 in 3 women, will be diagnosed with cancer before the age of 85. Amongst the most common cancers in Australia are cancer of the digestive organs, breast cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer.
• Almost 3,000 men die each year of prostate cancer and around 18,700 new cases are diagnosed every year.
• Each day about 32 men learn news that they have prostate cancer – tragically one man every three hours will lose his battle against this insidious disease.
• More than 2,640 women will die from the disease in a single year – making it the leading cause of cancer-related death in females.
• One in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer by the age of 85.
• Over 380,000 Australians are treated for skin cancer each year – that’s over 1,000 people every day.
• Over 1,600 Australians die from skin cancer each year.
• Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world. Skin cancers account for around 80% of all new cancers diagnosed each year in Australia. Each year Australians are four times more likely to develop a common skin cancer than any other form of cancer.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD)
• CVD is the term used for heart, stroke and blood vessel diseases.
• CVD kills 1 Australian every 10 minutes and prevents 1.4 million people from living a full life because of disability caused by the disease.
• CVD is one of Australia’s largest health problems. Despite improvements over the last few decades, the health and economic burden of CVD exceeds that of any other disease.
Ensure that the Plan you choose includes:
- Cancer (General)
- Cancer (Male Organs)
- Coronary By-Pass Surgery
- Heart Attack
- Aorta Surgery
- Aplastic Anaemia
- Benign brain tumour
- Kidney Failure
- Chronic Lung Disease
- Loss of Independent Existence
- Loss of Speech
- Motor Neurone Disease
Please contact the Advisers at Wealth Planning Partners to discuss a strategy suitable for your family.